Toxic mold shuts down Oregon City fire station
OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — A Clackamas County fire station has closed down after toxic mold was found inside the facility, forcing firefighters to temporarily relocate.
KPTV-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1NlnprV ) that fire spokesman Steve Hoffeditz says medical response time for residents in Oregon City’s Hilltop District 16 should not be affected by the closure. The station’s five firefighters are being moved to another station in Oregon City a few miles away.
Fire Captain Andy Welks says the mold was discovered after he and some of his crew had been experiencing allergy-like symptoms and noticed a bad odor in the building.
Officials expect the Hilltop station to remain closed for at least another month while it undergoes inspection and the mold is removed