SERVPRO of Bend Sewage Cleanup Services
SERVPRO of Bend is proud to be certified in Biohazard and Sewage Cleanup.
When it comes to sewage damage, the job of a sewage damage restoration specialist is far more serious than simply removing waste and odors and restoring your home to its former state.
In reality, our seasoned professionals are charged with an extremely vital task: Making sure you and your family remain safe from the potential health risks associated with sewage damage. There are many different health problems that could result from sewage damage, which is one of the biggest reasons why the sewage damage cleanup process should almost always be handled by a professional organization like SERVPRO.
Here are some of the ailments and diseases you could face if you don’t call on a sewage damage expert to handle your home’s cleanup:
- Hepatitis A, which is an acute liver infection that afflicts more than 10 million Americans each and every year.
- Salmonella, a bacterial infection that causes symptoms like nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramping, vomiting and weakness. If left untreated, salmonella can even lead to more serious diseases, such as typhoid fever.
- Bacillary dysentery, which is a type of dysentery caused by interaction with harmful bacteria. Dysentery also causes diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and so forth, and can be extremely taxing on the body if immediate medical care is not sought.
- Intestinal infections. In addition to the aforementioned ailments, there are other types of intestinal infections that may be sustained from contact with raw sewage.
- Skin infections. When sewage comes in contact with exposed skin, a painful or itchy rash could be the result.
- Eye infections.
- Respiratory infections. This is of particular concern if the sewage problem is left untreated, as water damage can easily lead to mold growth, and mold releases spores that can be harmful or even fatal when inhaled by living organisms.
If you have any questions regarding Biohazard or Sewage cleanup, give us a call at (541) 385-7044.